2021 IEEE ICDM Outstanding Service Award: Professor Chengqi Zhang
The IEEE ICDM Outstanding Service Award is the highest recognition for service achievements in Data Mining, and is given to one individual or one group who has made major service contributions that have promoted Data Mining as a field and ICDM as the world's premier research conference in Data Mining. The 2021 IEEE ICDM Outstanding Service Award goes to Professor Chengqi Zhang.
Professor Chengqi Zhang is an Associate Vice President of the University of Technology Sydney, Australia. He has a long history of promoting ICDM and the field of data mining. He has been part of the ICDM community as an author and a General Chair (2010).
Professor Zhang serves the broader data mining community as well. He served as the Chair of TCII (the IEEE Technical Committee of Intelligent Informatics) from 2014 to 2018, which is the technical sponsor of the IEEE ICDM on behalf of IEEE. He attended the ICDM Steering Committee meeting every year during these four years and provided valuable advice for ICDM activities.
Professor Zhang has also made significant research contributions to data mining, big data and artificial intelligence, with a focus on developing fundamental data mining algorithms and real-time data analysis techniques for stock market data. He has published about 400 research papers in the top-tier forums. He has graduated more than 30 PhD students, several of whom are now faculty members in major research universities.
2021 IEEE ICDM Nomination and Evaluation Committees
- Xindong Wu (Co-Chair), Hefei University of Technology and Mininglamp Academy of Sciences, China
- Dimitrios Gunopulos (Co-Chair), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Charu Aggarwal, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, New York, USA
- Diane Cook, Washington State University, USA
- Joydeep Ghosh, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- David Hand, Imperial College, London, UK
- Ramamohanarao Kotagiri, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Vipin Kumar, University of Minnesota, USA
- Jure Leskovec, Stanford University, USA
- Jian Pei, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Dacheng Tao, University of Sydney, Australia
- Bhavani Thuraisingham, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Takashi Washio, Osaka University, Japan
- Zhi-Hua Zhou, Nanjing University, China
From Xindong Wu (wuxindong AT mininglamp.com) on October 16, 2021.