ICDM Tao Li Award
ICDM Tao Li Award was established in December 2017. The purpose of the award is to honor Professor Tao Li’s life and accomplishment, and reward excellent early career researchers (individuals either in a doctoral program or who have received a doctoral degree less than 10 years prior to receiving the Award) in the field of data mining and machine learning. Each year, starting from 2018, the ICDM steering committee will form an ad-hoc award committee to select one awardee to receive the Tao Li award. The award, worth $2,000 in check, for one awardee, will be given out once a year at the annual IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM). The Tao Li Award was established through public donations, and is managed by the IEEE ICDM steering committee and the FAU Foundation.
ICDM Tao Li Award Winners
2018 Tao Li Award Winner: Dr. Jilles Vreeken, Helmholtz Center for Information Security, Germany
2019 Tao Li Award Selection Criteria
- The awardee is either in a doctoral program or has received a doctoral degree less than 10 years prior to Nov 7 2019.
- The awardee has made significant achievement in the area of data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- The awardee has demonstrated significant impact in research contribution, leadership, and services.
- The awardee has obtained a strong reference from a world learing researcher in the field.
- The awardee commits to attend the ICDM-2019 to receive the award (ICDM-2019 registraion fee is waived if the awardee only attends the award ceremony).
Candidates should submit applications to ICDM.Tao.Li.Award.Committee@gmail.com, with following materials being included in the package (please include materials in one zip file, preferably compiling all documents as one pdf file):
- A one-page executive CV of the candidate.
- Response to the above selection criteria (2 pages maximum).
- Certificate showing PhD degree awarding intuition and the time receiving the PhD degree (candidates currently enrolled in a PhD program can submit student ID instead).
- One referee letter with referee’s contact details and signature (preferably NOT applicant´s PhD advisor).
- Applications can include up to two-page additional materials to demonstrate research excellence, impact, and leadership roles, such as citations, press release etc.
2019 Tao Li Award Submission Deadline
September 30 2019
Any inquiries and questions about this year’s Tao Li award should be addressed to: ICDM.Tao.Li.Award.Committee@gmail.com.